Dry Pro Waterproof Cast Cover from HealthyKin.com is completely watertight, keeping your casts and bandages dry. The Dry Pro offers the only leg and arm cast protection in the world with the patented vacuum seal to keep you dry. Between the waterproof material and the vacuum seal, it is so completely and totally waterproof that you can even dive off a diving board or ride the ocean waves and still have your cast or bandage stay completely dry.
The Dry Pro protector fits snug yet comfortable offering protection during a shower, a bath, and even an active swim. Unlike "modified garbage bag" products, the cast protection offered by the Dry Pro protector is unmatched - it cannot come off. You can't even pull it off!
Allows Postoperative Hydrotherapy - the Dry Pro cover is also used for immediate postoperative physical therapy, allowing hydrotherapy right after surgery, which helps prevent swelling and stiffness and aids in a speedy recovery. The Dry Pro is used by at all levels of physical therapy, including head NFL trainers, Major League teams all over the country and at the collegiate level as well.
The Dry Pro waterproof fabric is rugged. The waterproof fabric is made of durable high quality surgical latex. The special Non-Skid Grid protects the sole and helps prevent slipping. The Pump not only creates the vacuum seal but also works as a gauge showing that the vacuum is intact and cannot leak. So go ahead and enjoy the water!
Dry Pro Waterproof Cast Cover Sizing:
Arm/Leg Circumference Measurement: Measure the circumference of the Arm or Leg right above the cast. (If the end of the cast it very close to the elbow, measure mid bicep or measure mid thigh). (DO NOT MEASURE AROUND THE CAST -- MEASURE AROUND THE SKIN)
Arm/Leg Length Measurement: Measure from the tip of middle finger (or the bottom of the heel) to top end of cast. It is OK if the cast protector measurement is longer then the limb measurement, the protector will still work. Extra length will be removed when the vacuum seal is created.
- X-Small Full Arm: 6 - 6.75" circumference; 16" length
- Small Full Arm: 6.75 - 8.75" circumference; 23" length
- Medium Full Arm: 8.75 - 10" circumference; 28" length
- Large Full Arm: 10" & up circumference; 31.5" length
- Small Half Arm: 7.75 - 10" circumference; 17.5" length
- Large Half Arm: 10" & up circumference; 20" length
- X-Small Full Leg: 7.5 - 11" circumference; 19" length
- Small Full Leg: 14 - 16.5" circumference; 29" length
- Medium Full Leg: 16.5 - 21" circumference; 33" length
- Large Full Leg: 21" & up circumference; 37" length
- Small Half Leg: 10 - 13" circumference; 21" length
- Large Half Leg: 13" & up circumference; 23.5" length
Dry Pro Waterproof Cast Cover Instructions:
- Step 1: Slide It On - After you have purchased your DRY Pro cast cover and sized it to fit appropriately, simply stretch on the DRY Pro waterproof cover so that it completely covers the cast or bandage plus an additional inch. The top should be smooth against the skin. If the Dry Pro feels too tight you may trim the top slightly to increase the opening size. Be careful of sharp objects and fingernails.
- Step 2: Pump It Out - Now it's time to simply pump out the air using the attached hand-held bulb. Continue to press the bulb until the bulb remains flat and the DRY Pro waterproof cast cover is completely wrinkled. Then just remove the pump and push on the safety cap. Observe the DRY Pro waterproof cast cover and bandage cover for a few minutes before going in the water. As long as the waterproof cover stays collapsed and wrinkled, the vacuum is intact and the bandage protector cannot leak or come off.
- Step 3: Slide It Off - When you are done using the DRY Pro and are no longer near water, simply lift up the cuff to break the seal and let air back in. The DRY Pro waterproof cast cover should now be loose and allow you to simply slide it back off. It's that simple!
Putting a soft ace bandage or a tube sock with the toe cut out over the fiberglass cast will help reduce sharp fiberglass threads from cutting into the Dry Pro waterproof bandage cover.
Part numbers: FA12, FA14, FA16, FA18, HA13, HA15, FL12, FL14, FL16, FL18, HL13, HL15