VitalWrap System from HealthyKin.com consists of three components: a control unit, a tubing set, and a thermal fabric wrap. The control unit, which includes a fluid reservoir, manages the temperature of water used by the system to supply heat or cold to the fabric wrap attached to the body. By pumping the water through a heat-exchanging bladder inside the wrap, the control unit warms or cools the water to match the proper temperature setting, delivering precise and safe thermal therapy.
Set-up is a simple, three-step process:
- Fill the portable, leak-proof reservoir with ice and water.
- Place the bladder portion of the wrap around the treatment area and secure it with the Velcro™ closure.
- Attach the wrap to the control unit using the tubing set.
The VitalWrap System is designed so that the user can apply thermal therapy for extended periods. The typical transition time between the warm and cold settings in the temperature range is about one minute.
WARNING: Use carefully. Any hot/cold therapy may cause serious burns. Do not use over sensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of the VitalWrap System by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
VitalWrap System Specifications:
- Size (approximately): 8" diameter x 13.5"H (20.3cm x 34.3cm)
- Weight (dry): 5 lbs. (2.27 kg)
- Fluid Tether: 8 ft. (2.4m)
- Control System Type: Manual user control
- Thermal System Range: 40°F to 105°F (4.4°C to 40.6°C)
- Contrast therapy transition time: 1 minute typical from extremes in temperature range
- Operating period: 2-6 hours typical continuous use
- Thermal Cutout: 117°C
- Circulating System Reservoir Capacity: 1.1 gallons (4.2 L)
- Reservoir Fluid: Ice water
- Flow Rate (through VitalWrap): 5.5 gph (21 lph)
- Maximum Pressure: 18 psi
- Electrical System Voltage: 100, 120Vac, 50/60Hz, or 220-240Vac, 50Hz
- Power 300W
- Internally fused: System and pump
- Leakage Current: Under 300µA
- Operating Environment Atmospheric Pressure: 525 to 795 mmHg
- Humidity: 30% to 70% relative non-condensing
- Temperature 50°F to 104°F
- Transport & Storage Environment Atmospheric Pressure: 179 to 760 mmHg
- Humidity 10% to 95% relative non-condensing
- Temperature 32°F to +122°F
- Regulatory Classification: Class I Equipment
- Type of Equipment: Type BF
- Regulatory Approvals Compliance: UL2601-1: Standard for Medical Equipment Part 1: General Requirements for Safety. CAN/CSA-C22.2 no. 601.1-M90: Medical Electrical Equipment Part 1: General Requirements for Medical Electrical Equipment. IEC 60601-1: Part 1: General Requirements for Safety.IEC 60601-2-35: Particular Requirements for the Safety of Blankets, Pads and Mattresses Intended for Heating in Medical Use.
- HCPCS Code: E0217; Water Circulating Heat Pad with Pump
- HCPCS Code: E0249; Pad for Water Circulating Heat Unit, for Replacement Only
Part numbers: 00002, 00001, 00255, 00394, 00119, 00122, 00398, 00396, 00388, 00648, 00397, 00392