McKesson Calcium Alginate Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver
McKesson Calcium Alginate Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver from HealthyKin.com provides caregivers with an alternative to the market leading brand that delivers superior performance at a more cost-effective price level. The dressing that compares favorably on ionic silver content level and delivery method, has a preferable gelling profile, and has superior absorption capabilities.
McKesson Calcium Alginate Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver provides 5% silver – delivered via a sophisticated ionic transfer technology. The net effect is a controlled and sustained release of antimicrobial silver that provides a durable 7-day effect within the dressing, helping to reduce bioburden and providing an effective barrier to pathogens.
McKesson Calcium Alginate Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver is designed specifically for the task at hand – to absorb a large amount of wound exudates typically seen in wounds with high bioburden, while also gelling for easy pain-free removal from wounds. However, while other gelling dressings tend to lose their physical integrity and fall apart making dressing removal time consuming, McKesson Calcium Alginate Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver keeps its physical integrity, allowing for easier removal and clean-up during dressing changes.
McKesson Calcium Alginate Dressing with Antimicrobial Silver Features:
- Provides superior bactericidal action that goes to work almost immediately, with kill rates at 99.99% and above
- Provides an effective barrier to bacterial penetration
- Protects wound dressing against bacterial colonization
- Comprised of a proprietary blend of mannuronic (high gelling) and guluronic (high wet-strength) alginic acids, is designed to gel well while keeping its physical integrity for intact removal
- The dressing's high absorption capacity also helps to reduce the risk of tissue maceration and allows for increased time between dressing changes
- Does not leave any silver coated nylon thread residue in the wound upon removal of the dressing
Part numbers: 3557, 3557, 3558, 3558, 3559, 3559, 3560, 3560