CareFusion ChloraPrep Applicator from HealthyKin.com promotes gentle friction to help the solution penetrate the first five layers of the stratum corneum, where 80% of microorganisms reside. The patented ChloraPrep applicator promotes aseptic technique and reduces the risk of direct hand-to-patient contact, reducing the risk of cross-contamination. The 2% chlorhexidine gluconate and 70% isopropyl alcohol formulation provides rapid-acting and persistent antiseptic activity against a broad spectrum of microorganisms.
CareFusion ChloraPrep Applicator Features:
- Rapid acting: ChloraPrep exhibits better immediate antimicrobial activity than povidone iodine alone.
- Persistent: ChloraPrep skin antiseptic maintains antimicrobial activity for at least 48 hours. Free iodine, the active ingredient in povidone iodine and other iodophors, has minimal residual activity
- Broad spectrum: ChloraPrep antimicrobial activity is effective against a broad spectrum of microorganisms on the skin
- Active in protein-rich biomaterials: Remains active in the presence of blood, serum and other protein-rich biomaterials unlike traditional iodophors, which are neutralized
- Low irritation: CHG demonstrates low incidence of irritation
Part numbers: 260299, 260400, 260400, 260415, 260725, 260715, 260800, 260815, 260100, 260103